Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Old Witch


 
 
Characters:
Narrator

Little Girl
Parents

Witch

SCRIPT:

Narrator: There was once a little girl who was very willful and who never obeyed when her elders spoke to her.   One day she said to her parents.

 
Little Girl: I have heard so much of the old witch that I will go and see her. People say she is a wonderful old woman, and has many marvelous things in her house, and I am very curious to see them.

Parents: We won´t let you go! The witch is a wicked old woman, who performs many godless deeds – and if you go near her, you are no longer a child of ours.

Narrator: The girl, however, would not turn back at her parents’ command, but went to the witch’s house. When she arrived there the old woman asked her:

Witch: Why are you so pale?

Little Girl: Ah, she replied, trembling all over, I have frightened myself so with what I have just seen.

Witch: And what did you see?

Little Girl: I saw a black man on your steps.

Witch: That was a collier.

Little Girl: Then I saw a gray man.

Witch: That was a sportsman.

Little Girl: After him I saw a blood-red man.

Witch: That was a butcher.

Little Girl: But, oh, I was most terrified. When I peeped through your window, and saw not you, but a creature with a fiery head.

Witch: Then you have seen the witch in her proper dress. For you I have long waited, and now you shall give me light.

Narrator: So saying the witch changed the little girl into a block of wood, and then threw it on the fire. When it was fully alight, she sat down on the hearth and warmed herself, saying:

Witch: How good I feel! The fire has not burned like this for a long time! 

The End
 

Author:  Brothers Grimm
from: http://www.kidsinco.com/2008/07/the-old-witch/

No comments:

Post a Comment