Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Hunter and The Rat



Characters:
Hunter
Rat
Lion



SCRIPT:



(A hunter carrying a bow and an arrow walks in the jungle.  He has a bag with food on his shoulders. He hears a noise and sees a hole in the ground)



Hunter: Who’s making that noise?



Rat: It’s me… please, help me… I fell into this hole and I can’t get out. Please, help me get out of here.



(The hunter places his bow into the hole.  The rat gets out of the hole)



Rat: Thank you.  I would have died inside that hole.  You are a kind man, if some day you need my help, I will be there for you.



Hunter: Ha, ha, ha, ha…How could you help me?  You’re so small!



Rat: We’ll see.



(The  rat leaves.  The hunter keeps walking.  He looks at the sky)



Hunter: Oh, a storm is approaching… I have to find shelter.



(The hunter runs and finds a cave.  He enters and sits on the floor.  He takes out some food he has in a bag.  A big lion stands in front of him.  He tries to get his bow and arrow but he can’t find it)



Hunter: Oh, good day, Mr. Lion.  Is this your cave?  I didn’t mean to intrude…It’s raining, you know… but, oh… it’s not raining anymore, so if you could excuse me, I’ll just go home and….



Lion: No!  Stay here!  Eat your food, and then I will eat you.



(They hear a loud voice.)



Rat: Ha, ha, ha, ha  Oh, yes!  The hunter will eat his food.  The lion will eat the hunter.  Then, I will eat the lion.



Lion: Where are you?



Rat: I am everywhere!



Lion: Who are you?



Rat: Ha, ha, ha, ha  I am the terrible lion hunter… hurry up so that I can eat you.



Lion: Well… right now I’m not very hungry.



(He runs away from the cave.)



Hunter: Who is this terrible lion hunter?  Who could be so brave as to scare this fierceful lion?



Rat: It’s me.



(The rat gets out from his hiding place)



Lion: But… you’re just a small rat.  How could you make that terrible voice?



Rat: I know I’m too small to fight a lion… but this cave has a wonderful echo, and it made my voice sound powerful.



Hunter: Ha, ha, ha, ha… You’re smart.  Forgive me for not trusting you… being small doesn’t mean you’re not intelligent… and kind.



The End








Author:  African Folktale



Adapted by K I D S I N C O
from : http://www.kidsinco.com/2010/09/the-hunter-and-the-rat/

No comments:

Post a Comment