Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Hare and The Tortoise






Characters:

Narrator
Hare
Tortoise
Fox


SCRIPT:


Narrator: One day a hare was making fun at the tortoise.



Hare: Ha, ha, ha!  Your feet are so small and you walk so slow that you take too long to get to a place.



Tortoise: You may be as faster as the wind, but I will beat you in a race.



Hare: That is simply impossible. Ha, ha, ha!  But, I agree, let`s have a race.



Tortoise: Very well then.  The fox will choose the way and will wait for us  at the winning post.






Fox: Very good!  I will be waiting for both of you.  Let`s see who wins!



Narrator: On the day of the race the two started the race together.





Fox: 1, 2, 3, Go!



Tortoise: I will not stop walking.  I will keep walking slow but at a steady pace straight to the end of the finish line.



Hare: Oh well.  That tortoise walks so slow that I have time to take a nap.  zzzzzzzzzz



Narrator: When the hare woke up.



Hare: Oh I fell asleep.  I have to run as fast as I can.  I think I wasted some time.



Narrator: Then he saw the Tortoise had reached the winning post.



Hare: How did you do it?  This is impossible!



Tortoise: While you slept, I kept walking.   I may seem slow, but I am constant and patient, so I won the race.



Hare: You`re right Tortoise,  Being fast doesn`t mean that you will win.  I learned my lesson!



The End




Author: Aesop`s Fable
Adapted by  K I D S I N C O
from: http://www.kidsinco.com/2008/08/the-hare-and-the-tortoise/

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much for this. I am in final year K6 special needs. This helped me with my arts class, theater group. Will hold on to this site for my futures special needs class. God Bless you and your spirit of exce;;ence!

    ReplyDelete