Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Lion and The Mouse




Characters:
Narrator
Mouse
Lion
Hunter 1
Hunter 2


SCRIPT:


Narrator: Once  upon a time a Lion was taking a nap, when a little Mouse began running up and down upon him; this soon woke up  the Lion, who placed his huge paw upon him, and opened his big jaws to swallow him.


Mouse: I am sorry, O King, forgive me this time, I will never forget it. I promise to do something for you in return some of these days.



Lion: Ha, ha, ha, yeah sure! You can go.


Narrator: A few days later, some hunters caught the king of the jungle.



Hunter 1: Hey, look what we got here! This lion is so big and strong. Let´s take him to our king.


Hunter 2: Yes, but let`s tie him first to that tree while we go to get a wagon to carry him on.


Narrator: Just then the little Mouse was passing  by.


Mouse: Da, da, da, Oh, what do we have here? It´s my friend, the lion.


Lion: It`s me, help me please before the hunters come back.



Mouse: I will. I haven`t forgotten the promise I made to you one day.



Narrator: So the mouse started eating the ropes.


Mouse: You are free now. A few days  ago you laughed thinking that I couldn`t do something for you in return for what you did for me. Now it is time that you know that little mice are grateful and keep their promises.


Lion: I am sorry, my friend. Thank you for what you did for me now. I will never laugh at the promises made by the little ones, I know that when the time comes, they will not forget them.


The End



Author:  Aesop Fable

Adapted by K I D S I N C O
from: http://www.kidsinco.com/2008/08/the-lion-and-the-mouse/

4 comments:

  1. When you are playing a puppet show, you should have good story. good story is important for making your puppet show successful and story you shared is good.
    ventriloquist puppets for sale
    http://www.marionettes-puppets.com/Ventriloquist-dolls.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it because I used this in our role play

    ReplyDelete